Date(s) - 10 Jun 13 Jun
LPPC Church Camp @ Johor Bahru
1. CAMP DETAILS
- Theme: Inside Out – Living out Christ in our relationships
- Camp Dates: 11th (Sat) – 14th (Tue) June 2016
- Venue: Le Grandeur Palm Resort Johor
Church Camp 2016 Venue
|Worship/ Sermon Area(s)||Perkasa Ballroom/ Executive Room|
|Children Program Area(s)||Pendata 4|
|Meal Area(s)||Medan Palma|
2. SERVANT TEAM
Camp Speakers: Pastor Stephen Armstrong and Rev Foo Yuk Yee
- Advisor: Deacon Wilson Tay ;
- Commandants: Deacon Kelvin Tan and Zhuang Changzhong ;
- Treasurer: Png Yi Ye ;
- Secretary: Valencia Soh ;
- Admin: Anna Lim, Josephine Lee, and Sandra Lee ;
- Programs: Reuben Yap and Ng Shi Ya ;
- Children: Hazel Ng ;
- Chinese: Chin Sze Yun ;
- Logistics: Stewart Tan ;
- Publicity: Christopher Yong ;
- Worship: Jeanette Choong
- Group Leaders: Deacon Joseph Lim, Deacon Daniel Loke, Cephas Ong, Seck Wai Cheong, Aileen Tan, Andy Au Yong, Barney, Ng Kay Beng, Felix Liew, Shawn Quah, Wilie, Annabelle Wang, Georgina Seah, Loh Pui Wah
- Children’s Ministry: Team from Katong Presbyterian Church
- Camp First-Aider: Ling Ji Min (Assisted by Deacon Kelvin and Changzhong)
3. CAMP PROGRAM
Highlights (Full program will be available in Camp File given at Le Grandeur):
- 4 Worship sessions & 4 sermons
- Couples workshop & Men & Women workshop
- Fruit feast, Quiz night, Sports time, Finale night.
- Please be punctual for all activities. Our presence at each activity not only benefits ourselves but edifies the rest of our brothers and sisters-in-Christ too!
- Children’s Program (Ages 3 to 12)
- All worship sessions, sermon sessions, and both workshops
- Adults should accompany children ages 5 and below, especially those who require personal attention.
- Please have your children bring their own pencil box with pencil, scissors, glue and color pencils for use under the Children’s Program. Pen will be provided.
Church Camp 2016 Meals
|Sat (11)||Sun (12)||Mon (13)||Tue (14)|
(Biscuits + hot drinks)
*Saturday Lunch: On our way from Singapore to the Le Grandeur Resort, we will stopover at AEON Kulaijaya for Lunch (at your own expense). This is the same stopover as the one in Church Camp 2014. Besides the Food Court, there are restaurants for the family, such as Kenny Rogers, Pizza Hut, Nandos, A&W, KFC, BBQ Chicken, etc. There is also a supermarket to shop for essential personal items, tidbits, snacks and beverages.
- FREE: Swimming pool, Gym, Table Tennis, Carrom, Wifi at Lobby
- Rooms: Flask for boiling water, bottled water, hair dryer, safe
- CHARGEABLE: Squash Courts, Bowling, Paintball, Spa, Tennis, Archery, Pool Table, Rock Climbing
- You can find out more about the hotel at Trip Advisor: tripadvisor
6. USEFUL REMINDERS
- Passport/ Immigration Matters Ensure that your passport is still valid for the next 6 months and have sufficient pages for endorsements. It should be in good condition and passport photograph should be updated especially for young children.
- There is no need to fill up the immigration card for Singaporean citizens/PR.
- At the customs, please ensure that there is an entry date stamp into Malaysia in your passport
- For non-Singaporeans who need a visa please ensure this is done in time (You can check if you need a VISA here: https://malaysia.visahq.sg/) If you have just changed your passport, please ensure that it is registered with ICA.
- For NS men, please remember to notify MINDEF of your oversea trips at 1800-3646333 or www.ns.sg.
- Please stick to the coach grouping in which you have been assigned to. This is to facilitate easier clearance and avoid possible hindrances at the immigration.
- Please take note of your Coach Number and Coach ICs.
Campers Movement Please inform the Admin Team of your coming in and going out before the camp and when you actually leave/enter the same, even if you have already done so
Important Things to bring
- Physical Bible – There is unlikely to be wifi in the worship/sermon area
- Ringgit for first day lunch/shopping
- Personal Medication – Please do not forget to bring along your own prescribed medications. Medications will not be prescribed nor administered by the Camp First Aider.
- In case of haze, do bring sufficient N95 masks for you and your family.
- Photo Taking Please wear the camp T-shirt for the group photo taking on 13 Jun 2016 (Mon).
- Personal bills Please settle all personal bills incurred the night before you check out, i.e. Monday night.
No parking in KCPPS/Church There will be no parking over the duration of the camp for campers in KCPPS/Church premises. Those who are going to Le Grandeur by coach are advised to leave their cars behind when reporting to church on 11th June.
Insurance The camp fee does not include insurance coverage. You may wish to purchase your own travel insurance.
SPIRITUAL MATTERS – The Three ‘P’s
- Prepare: We can familiarize ourselves with the camp verse and think about how we can better live out Christ in our lives.
- Pray: Besides praying for the speakers and the committee as they prepare for the camp, we can pray about how we can love and serve our church during the camp itself.
- People: Since we will be spending 4 days together as a family in Christ, we can take the time to better know each other. We can begin by getting to know our group members.
KEY CONTACT NUMBERS (Please only Whatsapp once we are in Malaysia)
- Deacon Kelvin: 93890894, Changzhong: 91892262 (Our room number will also be made known at the camp)
- Hazel (Children): 94363136
- Josephine (Admin Team): 97672034See you on 11th June 2016 (Saturday), 8.00am at LPPC. Please be punctual!